Zoom Video Conferencing WordPress Plugin was Edited on: January 30th, 2017
Over the month zoom is being updated and this plugin has been updated as well. Please refer to this post for latest discussions and documentation. From version 2.0 this plugin has changed drastically.
Today i launched a new version with better refined codebase of the plugin where lots of bugs have been fixed. Hopefully, you guys like the new plugin layout. Let me know if you need more functionality to the plugin. Contact me via contact us section.
What is Zoom Video ?
Zoom Video Communications (known simply as “Zoom”) is a U.S.-based company operating from San Jose, California that provides cloud-based video communications. Offering both cloud meeting and webinar software, Zoom is most known for Zoom Cloud Meetings, also referred to as “Zoom” by users, which combines video conferencing, online meetings, and mobile collaboration into one platform.
Few features of this simple plugin:
- Add Meetings – Simply Add the Meetings through WP Panel
- Easily List/Add Users – Easily list and add users
- Clean and Friendly UI
- Easy to output data using a simple short-code
Contribute to Zoom Video Conferencing WordPress Plugin
Zoom plugin for WordPress happily accepts contributions of code the community. These contributions are made in the form of Issues or Pull Requests on the Zoom repository on GitHub.
Issues are a quick way to point out a bug. If you find a bug or error in Zoom plugin for WordPress then please check a few things first:
- There is not already an open Issue
- The issue has already been fixed (check the develop branch, or look for closed Issues)
- Is it something really obvious that you fix it yourself?
Reporting issues is helpful but an even better approach is to send a Pull Request, which is done by “Forking” the main repository and committing to your own copy. This will require you to use the version control system called Git.
Zoom Video Conferencing WordPress Plugin Installation Instructions
Installation through direct WordPress
- Goto Plugins
- Add New
- Search for Video Conferencing with Zoom API
- Click on Install
Installation for a Zip file
- Goto this link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/video-conferencing-with-zoom-api/
- Click on Download
- Unzip the downloaded file somewhere.
- Copy the extracted folder to your wordpress/wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin from your Site
The Documentation for the Plugin. The documentation might look sloppy but you can understand the doc. You can get it from here.
If you’re new to WordPress, please read the first steps WordPress. Enjoy !